This is a blog about my life on the road and things I have done to overcome living a gypsy lifestyle. It's not a survival guide of any means. And I encourage anyone who wants to contribute with their tips and techniques of living on the road to do so.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Gypsy Diva Hair
When you travel as much as we do, you want to carry as little as possible. A while back we were sent someplace in Oklahoma for 3 weeks and I attempted a no-product trial with my hair. I didn't use any product at all on my hair except shampoo and conditioner. I only blew it dry with a blow dryer, which most places provide, and attempted to style it the best I could with my round brush which was the only hair styling item I took with me to this particular place. When I got my hair done before we arrived I asked for style that was easy to take care of and required little effort to style. I'm here to announce that it was a complete and utter failure. Unfortunately I was born with boring, super straight, lifeless hair that refuses to hold a style without being forced to stay in place with an armory of gravity defying products. Thanks Mom and Dad. So unless I grow my hair out and just pull it back in a ponytail everyday my poor hubby is stuck with me and my styling spray, thermal protector, leave-in conditioner, powder root boost, hair spray, big round brush, and blow dryer. I did recently find a great product that combines a leave in conditioner and styling elixir called 2 Chic by Giovanni. You get it at the health food store. I love 2 in 1 products, when they work, because they give me the benefits of two products in one convenient container. Conditioning shampoos are not on this list. I can't even get a comb through my hair if I don't use a separate conditioner. I also cannot live without my powder root boost. That is the best stuff ever invented for fine hair. I usually stock up on it when I can find a Sally's. And my hairspray is also pretty much a must or it just falls flat as soon as I walk out the door. So its hopeless for me to ditch the hair products, which I keep in a collapsible cloth box I got at the dollar store. I haven't been traveling with a blow dryer because most places provide one. The place we are renting now doesn't, so I was forced to go out and purchase a "travel dryer". Yeah right, travel dryer, ha! The handle folds down. Big deal. It still takes up as much room as a regular dryer. But, I can't live without one and be seen in public. It's a necessary evil. It's so hard to be a Gypsy Diva.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment