This is a blog about my life on the road and things I have done to overcome living a gypsy lifestyle. It's not a survival guide of any means. And I encourage anyone who wants to contribute with their tips and techniques of living on the road to do so.
Friday, November 30, 2012
Leftover Cranberry Sauce Dilemma
This past Thanksgiving my husband requested canned Cranberry Sauce. So against my better judgment I went ahead and bought some to please him. So now I have half a can leftover. Not to mention the can we didn't even open. So last night I decided to experiment with it. I mixed it with some spicy mustard I had in the fridge added some garlic powder, onion powder, and Cayenne Pepper, and made a sauce out of it. This recipe was inspired by an appetizer my Mother always made when we were going to holiday gatherings. She would mix mustard and jelly together in a crock pot and throw in some redneck cocktail weenies, aka cut up hot dogs. I know, it sounds gross, but it is soooo good. When I was an adult I asked for the recipe and when she told me I exclaimed “Is THAT all!!?” Its so simple, yet so good. Let me tell you, Cranberry Sauce is a lot sweeter than that jelly. I was surprised since I don't eat cranberry sauce. I never liked the flavor. I baked some chicken breasts in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees and then spread a thin layer of my sauce and baked another 10 minutes. Even though the sauce was initially a little sweet, the chicken turned out pretty good. Another leftover success!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment