This is a blog about my life on the road and things I have done to overcome living a gypsy lifestyle. It's not a survival guide of any means. And I encourage anyone who wants to contribute with their tips and techniques of living on the road to do so.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
I gave up nail polish
That's right. I gave up nail polish. I grew weary of carrying around a bag of various color nail polish, base coat, top coat, crackle coat, cuticle oil, nail polish remover, cotton balls, cotton swabs. By ditching these items, I saved several square inches of space, and I'm sure, a few pounds of weight from my luggage. Keeping up with your nail polish can be a hassle. I can't sit still long enough for it to dry, so I always inevitably smudged my fresh polish. I would have to change the color depending on what I was wearing. I certainly couldn't leave the house if I had a chip in my nails. The horror!!!! So, of course, I would have to re-do the whole thing before going out, much to my husband's dismay. Well, I decided to stop wearing nail polish altogether and I haven't regretted it. Now I just massage some coconut oil on my cuticles and nails everyday. It make them look attractive, and gives them a nice shine. In fact, I've noticed my nails are so much healthier. They're longer, stronger, and thicker than they've ever been. I recently took a trip to Jamaica and I debated on making them pretty just for the trip. But then I remembered the trip we took to Cabo. I somehow scraped my toes on the bottom of the pool and scratched my polish at the tip and it stressed me out the whole trip. So I decided this trip to forgo the polish, and I'm glad I did. I got to focus on having fun and not on how bad that chip in my polish on my big toe looks. I know a lot people will find this impossible, but I feel liberated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment