Good day everyone. I am pretty excited right now as I’m getting packed and ready for my trip to Cabo San Lucas in two days! This is the trip my husband and I have been talking about taking for over 6 years now.
I have been doing a lot of research for this trip, as I do for everything in my life. Thank God for the internet. Several websites I have found to be helpful are www.loscabosguide.com and http://www.fodors.com/world/mexico-and-central-america/mexico/los-cabos/. I found a facebook page called “All about Mexico” where you can talk to other people and get information and advice. This has been a great help. Thank you to my new friend, Maddie. We also purchased a book by Fodors featuring Cabo San Lucas and its sister city San Jose del Cabo. I would highly recommend this as it gives lots of valuable information regarding travel as it pertains to each particular destination. It also gives its recommendations for lodging, dining, and entertainment. It’s small enough to carry in my travel bag and it has common words and phrases in the back translated into Spanish with correct pronunciation. My two favorites are “Una mas cerveza por favor.” and “Donde esta el bano?” Two phrases I believe will come in handy on our trip.
Packing is always the most difficult part of traveling. I always want to be prepared for any occasion and temperature. This is what I am packing in my carry on: 3 sundresses, one of which is a cover up for my swimsuit, 1 sleeveless dress, 1 pair of white walking shorts, 1 multi-colored skirt, one multi-colored shirt to go with the shorts, one turquoise shirt that will go with the white shorts and multi-colored skirt, 1 pair of turquoise flip flops, one pair of black flip flops, and a swimsuit. Also 2 day’s worth of fitness clothes, which I can wash between each workout. Like I’m going to workout there, but my intentions are good. Since it will be cold when we leave Seattle, I’m wearing on the plane a pair of jeans, which I can roll up into capris when I get to Cabo, and a black tank top, that can also be worn with my shorts or skirt. I’m also wearing my tennis shoes so I don’t have to pack them. I’ve been advised through talking with people on All About Mexico’s Facebook page to bring a light jacket this time of year as it can get cool and breezy in the evenings, so I am wearing a light denim black jacket with crocheted panels on the plane, and I’m packing a light ¾ sleeve crocheted black sweater since I’m not sure how cool it will really get in the evening. Hopefully I won’t need either one. But it’s good to be prepared. Everything I brought is in the same turquoise and/or black color scheme, so I’m bringing a couple of pair of turquoise earrings, and a pair of black hoops and a pair of dressy hoops. Also a couple of necklaces, and bracelets, but I want to stay light on the jewelry so I didn’t bring anything too clunky. We’re going to be there for 6 days and I probably still packed too much, but I’d rather pack too much than not enough. And since it all fits in my carry on I’m not too worried about it. Fitting it in one bag is my main goal. Believe it or not they have a Wal Mart there. We decided not to bring too many toiletries other than toothbrushes and my makeup. We are going to purchase small travel size containers of other items we may need when we get there. Another piece of advice is be sure to make several copies of your passports before you go. Keep one in the safe in your hotel room, one in your luggage, and one on you . We will probably both carry a copy of each others. I’ve also been advised to keep your actual passport in the safe. Don’t carry it around with you. They also give you a tourist card when you arrive. Do not lose this. Keep it in the safe with your passport. It is a hassle to get a replacement and costs about $60. And you can’t get back home without it. Now I just need my camera and my sunglasses and I’m ready to go. Bon Voyage!
No comments:
Post a Comment