This is a blog about my life on the road and things I have done to overcome living a gypsy lifestyle. It's not a survival guide of any means. And I encourage anyone who wants to contribute with their tips and techniques of living on the road to do so.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Pizza Chicken. Not to be confused with Chicken Pizza
Yesterday while pulling out some chicken from the freezer for dinner, I saw the package of turkey pepperoni that I had bought for pizza a week and a half ago and a thought crossed my mind. Why don't I make a Pizza Chicken? Now I don't normally buu turkey pepperoni, because it contains sulfites, but, I made a farewell dinner for one of my husband's friends and co-workers who was being sent to another site and that's what he likes. He even bought me a rolling pin so I could make it for him a few weeks earlier. If I could find turkey pepperoni without sulfites I would be ecstatic, but, for now I want to use up what I still have left. I whisked an egg and rolled the chicken in the egg, then coated it with some crushed rice chips. I love this technique so much I usually don't have any leftover crumbs left. I then cooked the chicken for 20 minutes on 350, then took it out and spooned some of the leftover pizza sauce on top of it. Next I topped it with the pepperoni and some red and green peppers and grated some mozzarella cheese on it. It went back in the oven and cooked for 10 more minutes. My husband asked me if I used a recipe or made it up. He should know better! I made it up of course. He said "You should sell this." Another success story!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment